- INCI name
- CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA LEAF/TWIG OIL
- Essential oil name
- PETITGRAIN BIGARADE ESSENTIAL OIL
- Part used
- Leaves, terminal branchlets
- Extraction method
- Steam distillation
- Between 2 and 4 ML of petitgrain essential oil with 1 KG of plant*
About the plant
- Common names
- Bitter orange, Seville orange, Sour orange, Bigarade orange
- Latin name
- Citrus aurantium
- Botanical family
- Plant detail
- The tree can reach around 5 to 7 meters high and has evergreen leaves.
- Flowering period
Our expert Dr Françoise Couic Marinier tells you all about essential oils.
Originating from the bitter orange tree, Petitgrain Essential Oil has long been adopted in traditional medicine, health practices and aromatherapy for its myriad of benefits.
From promoting peaceful sleep and treating spasms to soothing your complexion, here’s all you need to know about the wonders of Petitgrain Oil.