- INCI name
- PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS FLOWER OIL
- Essential oil name
- Geranium essential oil / Geranium bourbon essential oil
- Egypt / Zimbabwe South Africa Madagascar
- Part used
- Flowers / Leaves & flowers
- Extraction method
- Steam distillation
- 300kg of plant for 1 kg of EO
About the plant
- Common names
- Rose geranium, Sweet scented geranium, Rose-scent geranium
- Latin name
- Pelargonium graveolens, Pelargonium asperum
- Botanical family
- Plant detail
- Geranium” includes more than 200 species but only 5 are used for essential oils. The plant can reach 1-meter high.
- Flowering period
- Madagascar, Reunion Island
Our expert Dr Françoise Couic Marinier tells you all about essential oils.
Thanks to a multitude of therapeutic properties as well as an intoxicating scent and beautiful appearance, Geranium Essential Oil is one of the most popular essential oils in aromatherapy.
Here’s all you need to know about how to include the balancing and soothing Geranium Oil in your daily rituals.