- INCI name
- IRIS PALLIDA ROOT EXTRACT
- Essential oil name
- Iris essential oil
- France, Italy, Morocco, China
- Part used
- Powdery, green, woody
- Extraction method
- Steam distillation
- 2 ML of Iris essential oil with 1 KG of iris
About the plant
- Common names
- Dalmatian iris, Sweet iris / Bearded iris, German iris
- Latin name
- Iris pallida / Iris germanica
- Botanical family
- Plant detail
- Flowering period
- The rhizomes are underground and represent a storage organ. Furthermore, it takes approximately three years to obtain a mature rhizome, and then the drying process can begin that lasts around three years too.
Our expert Dr Françoise Couic Marinier tells you all about essential oils.
Not just a beautiful plant to admire, Iris Essential Oil has a multitude of both medicinal and cosmetic benefits. Used for centuries and still just as relevant today, here’s all you need to know about Iris Oil in aromatherapy.