- INCI name
- CUPRESSUS SEMPERVIRENS LEAF/NUT/STEM OIL
- Essential oil name
- CYPRESS ESSENTIAL OIL
- Part used
- Smoky, woody
- Extraction method
- Steam distillation
- Between 2 and 5 ML of cypress essential oil with 1 KG of plant*
About the plant
- Common names
- Mediterranean cypress, Italian cypress, Tuscan cypress, Persian cypress, Pencil pine
- Latin name
- Cupressus sempervirens
- Botanical family
- Plant detail
- This coniferous evergreen tree can be up to 35 meters tall and grows with dense sprays of dark green foliage giving it a conic shape. It is very long-lived as some trees are reported to be over 1,000 years old
- Native region
- Eastern Mediterranean, northeast Libya, southeast Greece (Crete, Rhodes), southern Turkey, Cyprus, northern Egypt, western Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Malta, Italy, western Jordan, Iran.
Our expert Dr Françoise Couic Marinier tells you all about essential oils.
For centuries, Cypress Essential Oil has been hailed in aromatherapy for its medicinal properties, as well as for a variety of rejuvenating and botanical benefits.
Whether it’s for healing wounds, boosting your respiratory system or soothing your mind, here’s all you need to know about Cypress Oil.